The Imperceptible Curve Of The Earth

It is easy to turn back. Having unburdened one's self it's a simple matter to desire the things one chooses to leave behind. We get caught up in associations, projects, things, arguments best left alone, and finding ourselves, in the end, right back where we don't want to be.. At the gates of the city.

It is easy to turn back because the turning is subtle and unrecognized until, at the very gates to which we said goodbye, we find ourselves back where we started. I thought I just left this place, we say to ourselves. Didn't I?

Yes, I did. So why am I back where I started. I hate this place. Sure, it's lush, in-your-face vivid (to be read "lurid" and as such attractive in its own morbidly curious way) but it's unhealthy-- physically, morally, spiritually. In short, it is vanity.

Looking at the gates, I wonder how I got back here, and I'm left with a choice: enter or turn around.


Comments

Popular Posts