Fires Have Begun to Rain




"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

Jeremiah 17:9



So near the city it is impossible to not feel the heat growing from the judgments that are sure to rain upon us all. Why have I been dragged from the city? Given eyes to see, ears to hear; sense to know the city is destined to burn? Destined to burn not for the petty whim of God, but because the reek of her sin has reached even His throne. Knowing what I know I am thankful to be outside the city, but I know I am still close enough to feel what's coming.


"Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked."

Psalm 91:5-8



Our leaders have lied to us. Six-point-nine trillion has become nine-point-three. They ignored our cries for justice, for accountability, for reverence to the foundations upon which this nation was built; the tenets they swore to protect and defend, yet subvert and manipulate instead for their own personal gain. And our interests they claim to have near to their hearts are ritually and habitually flogged by their own unholy greed and lust.

Where is the man we elected king? Did we elect a man? or a devil? He calls himself a man of God, but he has shown himself to be a man of and for himself.


"I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

John 5:43



I am thankful to be outside the city, on the path my Lord has laid before me, but I know I am still too close. A thousand may fall to either side of me, but I do not suggest, even to myself, that I will escape entirely unscathed. There is fire coming, and proximity puts me within the flash, yet protected to some measure or degree by God's own hand.

Praise Him. Glory to His name.

Amen


"Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth eaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days. Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth. Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter. Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you."

James 5:1-6



What will happen to Sodom? and to Gomorrah? The wicked shall surely perish, but what of those who, like myself, are fleeing the fires that have begun to rain? How many of us will escape with but the clothes on our bodies, and those singed and corrupted with the scent of black ash and sulfur? Be thankful, I say, that we have escaped at all. For they have not had our best interests at heart-- they didn't know us; our faces, our burdens, our names. We are but 'Voter;' Faceless among the faceless, and servants to the faithless.

The cities of the plain are dying. Infected by the spirit of Sodom beneath storm clouds filled with the fires of heaven, and beginning to fall.

At the very least, justice will be served upon the wicked.

Praise God for his mercies extended toward us, and let the wicked receive their just reward.

For myself, I will continue to fight that imperceptible curve, and make my way away from the Sodom. With His hand to guide me.

His name be blessed for ever, in the holy name of Jesus,

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts