They Hate Who I Stand For...

Even while begrudgingly accepting my purpose within their company.

I have been called to minister to the dying, and I am allowed to do that much provided I do it in private. In public I have to edit myself-- I cannot say "God" or "Lord" for fear I will offend other staff who do not believe in my Lord, or even His existence.

They hate me because I believe in someone greater than us all. They hate me because I recognize that our sin has separated us all from God. They hate me because I stand as a witness against all our sin. They hate me because I'm not afraid to tell them they need a savior. They hate me because I make them look at their sin. They hate me because I tell them the truth. I bring HIS light to dark places, but the darkness comprehends it not.

But they want me when they are dying. When they are faced with that growing doorway into eternity. Then it is that they want comfort from me; when for most it is too late. And though they want what comfort I can give them, I am told to leave God outside in the hall.

These people have no shame. They do not want God. What they want is comfort. And God can provide that, but they want it without the one who comforts with holy perfection. Who wants the comfort the World can offer rather than that which the Lord God can offer?

Sadly, more souls than can be numbered.



"I can't do chaplain's work if I can't say 'God' — if I'm scripted."

--Rev. Mirta Signorelli

"Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost..."

2 Corinthians 4:1-3

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"

Galatians 4:16

Comments

Popular Posts